Humber Valley takes the health, safety and wellness of our members seriously. With the recent developments in the spread of Covid-19/Coronavirus, we wanted to provide an update on the current status of events.
Humber Valley is taking our lead from our governing bodies, Hockey Canada and the GTHL and are in close contact with them on next steps. Depending on how the situation progresses, there may be potential impacts to schedules including full suspensions of play. We are committed to keeping our members updated on all developments as they occur.
We ask that all members participating in scheduled activities exercise an abundance of caution.
- Water bottles should be labeled and not shared.
- Do not shake hands or give high fives without hockey gloves on.
- Instruct players to avoid touching their mouths and noses.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol‐based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available. Make soap and/or hand sanitizer available in dressing rooms.
- Parents are encouraged to keep their children away from the hockey environment if they are showing signs of illness.
We also understand that families may not feel comfortable attending any events and we respect such decisions.
Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding,
Your Humber Valley Board of Directors