Hello Humber Valley!
We’re excited to announce that today we are joining the GTHL’s Food Goals campaign in support of Daily Bread Food Bank. Families and individuals living in poverty and experiencing food insecurity need the help of our community now more than ever. Since the pandemic took hold of Toronto last March, food bank use has risen rapidly. Your donation will ensure that families who need support can access nutritious food this winter. Our goal is to raise at least $5,000 between December 14th and January 4th.
We’ve also challenged our friends at the North Toronto Hockey Association to join us in what we’ve dubbed the East vs. West Face-Off for Daily Bread Food Bank. The organization to raise the most, not only takes home bragging rights, but also the opportunity to see the other’s President decked out in their jersey at their next virtual board meeting.
Here’s how you and your player(s) can help!
- Click here to make a financial gift to Daily Bread Food Bank
- In order for the donation to count toward Humber Valley’s tally, please ensure that you enter Humber Valley Hockey Association in the “Club Name” field
- Encourage your player(s) to participate by collecting items from the Daily Bread’s most needed items list.
- Have players decorate a box or gift bag for the holidays
- Encourage and help them collect each of the 12 items on the most needed items list which can be found here.
- Once you’ve filled your box or bag, you can drop it off at the Daily Bread Food Bank or your local Fire Hall. Teams are also encouraged to invite players to participate and establish socially distanced box pick-up and drop-off at the Daily Bread Food Bank before the holidays.
Throughout the next 2 weeks, you will receive updates on how we’re tracking to our goal. You can also follow us on social media here for daily updates!
Thank you for your generous support!
Your friends at Humber Valley