Welcome to our Junior House League for players under 9
|U7 (Mite/Tyke)||2014 to 2016||$525|
|U8 (Minor Novice)||2013||$525|
Goals of the Junior House League Program:
- Fun: Our number one priority is to ensure that all players have a safe, positive and rewarding introduction to hockey and build confidence along the way
- Development: Our program meets all Hockey Canada Introduction Program/U7 & U9 (2012-2016) requirements and is structured to maximize player development, focused on the necessary skills at every development stage
- Teach fair play, cooperation and sportsmanship
- Want even more fun & development? Check out our Competitive Development Program for players 8 years of age and younger.
What your player will get:
- 20 practices and 6 game days – every week players take part in a combination of skills, games and skating development* with multi-game tournament days throughout the season
- *Technical skating program specifically built for Humber Valley by our Technical Skating Coordinator and run by a combination of HV coaches and expert figure skating coaches
- Up to 6 optional hours of power skating lead by industry leading coaches
- Optional weekly outdoor shinny from December to February – a player favourite!
- Qualified coaches who create a safe, fun and motivating environment
- Ongoing communication on your child’s development and year end assessments
- Use of lighter pucks and size appropriate nets in U7 (2015 & 2016)
- Team jerseys and socks
- Team photo
- Year end event and award
- Eligibility to tryout and play for a Sharks Competitive Development Team
Jr. House League program runs weekly from late September until the end of March. All practices and games take place on Saturdays with optional development opportunities and outdoor ice times taking place Sunday or during the week.
For more information or to inquire about volunteering: firstname.lastname@example.org