For players born from 2005 to 2013
Our Select hockey program provides an opportunity for house league players to participate in competitive hockey. The goals of the program are to provide additional skills development opportunities for players, foster sportsmanship, and assist in the development of positive social skills and teamwork.
All players registered in our house league may try-out for one of our Select teams. We attempt to field as many Select teams per age group as there is interest in order to provide the opportunity to as many players as possible. Teams compete in the tier which is most suited to their level of experience.
What you need to know:
- Select team players play on ONE team and typically have one league game and one or two additional practices per week.
- Humber Valley Select teams play against other Select teams from the GTA within the Mississauga Hockey League (MHL). All league games are west of Keele Street.
- Teams enter the playing tier which is most suited to their level of experience and play against teams of similar caliber.
- Games start in October and continue through to March. No games Christmas and March Break.
- Select teams also enter weekend tournaments throughout the season.
- The number of tournaments is decided at the team level but typically ranges from 1 to 3.
- Depending on the age of the child, tryouts are held in the Spring or Fall for the following season’s team.
- There are additional fees (in addition to your house league fees) in order to participate. Additional fees cover team practice ice, team registration fee to play in the MHL, tournament enrolment fees, uniforms and other costs. Coaches will provide an estimate of anticipated fees at try-out time.
Select Quick Links:
- Select Resources
- Select Tryouts
- Select Players Wanted
- Shark Attack Tournament
- Competitive Development Program for Players Under 9
For more information about our Select Hockey Program, contact Grant Henderson