All volunteers who interact with players are required by Hockey Canada, the OHF and the GTHL to register and complete various courses and certifications.
Volunteer Registration Steps:
- Register in the Hockey Canada Registration system
- Complete a Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Download and print the consent form
- The form must be printed on legal sized paper – it will not be accepted in any other size. Ensure that the form is completed in full and signed by yourself and one of the following HVHA reps. Contact any one of them by email to arrange to have the form signed.
- Mail your consent form to the Toronto Police Services along with your payment (money order or certified cheque only) of $20.00 payable to the Toronto Police Services.
- Once you receive the results of your screening, please email a copy to email@example.com.
- Complete Respect In Sport For Activity Leaders Online Course
- All new volunteers that have not been previously certified by the GTHL’s “Speak-Out Harrassment & Abuse Clinic” must complete the Respect in Sport online certification for activity leaders. Please note that you must complete this certification even if you have previously completed the Respect in Sport for Parents certification.
- You may access the online course here. Please note that there is a $30 fee payable to The Respect In Sport Organization. The course takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
- Complete Gender Identity and Expression Online Course
- This mandatory requirement for all team officials and volunteers at all ages and levels of hockey must be completed by October 1st of the current season. Coaching staff and volunteers who have not completed the course by this date will not be eligible to participate on the bench or on ice until the course has been completed.
- There is no fee for this course and it takes approximately 1 hour & 45 minutes to complete. Follow these steps:
- Complete Rowan’s Law Concussion Safety Acknowledgement
- Rowan’s Law requires that all team officials review the government-approved Concussion Awareness Resources every year before serving in a sport organization. These resources include important information about concussions and common signs and symptoms. Once you have reviewed the resources you must complete the acknowledgement during the online registration process.
Additional Requirement for Select & A/AA Trainers
For more information on volunteer requirements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org