All volunteers who interact with players are required by Hockey Canada, the OHF and the GTHL to complete various courses, certifications and acknowledgements.
Required for all Coaches (House League, Select, A & AA) and Select Managers & Trainers
- All volunteers must register in the Hockey Canada Registration system. Click here.
- All volunteers must complete a Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Download and print the consent form below. Ensure that the form is printed on legal sized paper – it will not be accepted in any other format or size. Ensure the entire form is completed and signed by yourself and one of the following HVHA representatives. Contact any one of them by email to arrange a time to have the form signed.
- Mail your consent form to the Toronto Police Services along with your payment (money order or certified cheque only) of $20.00 payable to the Toronto Police Services.
- Once you receive the results of your screening, please e‐mail a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Respect In Sport For Activity Leaders
- All new team officials and volunteers that have not been previously certified by the GTHL’s “Speak-Out Harrassment & Abuse Clinic” must complete the Respect in Sport online certification for activity leaders. Please note that you must complete this certification even if you have previously completed the Respect in Sport for Parents certification.
- Online Course, $30 Fee payable to The Respect In Sport Organization (Approximately 1 hour).
- Gender Identity and Expression Online Course
- This is a mandatory requirement for all team officials and volunteers at all ages and levels of hockey and it must be completed by October 1st of the current season. Coaching staff and volunteers who have not completed the course by this date will not be eligible to participate on the bench or on ice until the course has been completed.
- There is no fee for this course and it takes approximately 1 hour & 45 minutes to complete. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Log into your Hockey Canada account or register now
- Step 2: Once logged in, click here to sign up for the course.
- Step 3: Log into the OHF portal with your same Hockey Canada login to take the course
- Rowan’s Law Concussion Safety Acknowledgement
- Rowan’s Law requires that all coaches and team trainers review the government-approved Concussion Awareness Resources every year before serving in a sport organization. These resources include important information about the nature of concussions and common signs and symptoms. Once you have reviewed the resources you must complete the acknowledgement form below and submit it to email@example.com.
Additional Requirement for Select & A/AA Trainers
For more information on volunteer requirements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org